Saturday, January 13, 2018

A Thousand Miles

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

Last week I posted a collection of cards using Eyelet Outlet's Sneaker and Water Bottle Brads.  I have one more sneaker themed card to share and, in my opinion, I saved the best for last.




It features the sneakers making their way down the street to the finish line past a quaint row of houses from the In the City Stamp Set by Stampin' Up.  I stamped the buildings and then scanned them into the computer to color and trace them in my Silhouette.  I attached them to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rectangle of Soft Sky which I embossed with the Cloudy Day embossing folder.  Across the bottom is the first half of the greeting.  As a finishing touch, I coated the windows and clock with Glossy Accents.

Here's the star of the show, a pair of sneakers...ready to go!




And here's the destination:




Just pull the tab and you get to watch the sneakers make their way to the finish line.


 And reveal the second half of the greeting.


 And here's the sentiment inside:



I made another version of this exchanging the word "run" for "walk" for Suzanne, the owner of Eyelet Outlet.  She is quite an accomplished runner so the card with that revision would be perfect for her to give to a loved one.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but it was exactly the same, save for the word.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment