Saturday, December 2, 2017

Explosive News!

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards!

I have to admit, when I first joined the EO Design Team, working with washi tape was outside my comfort zone.  But now I find myself having a lot of fun incorporating it in my projects.

It's all due to the fact that Eyelet Outlet has SO many washi tapes available...there's something for everyone!  That and all the great inspiration from my Design Team Sisters...did you know we have the Washi Queen on our team?  Yes, we do!

I used the Colored Math Washi Tape today and it provided the perfect background (and gave me my color cues, too).




I paired this with the Great Chemistry stamp set.  It was purchased as a required stamp set for a Copic coloring class.  I never used it and figured I never would.  Thank goodness for this washi tape as it caused me to dust it off.  Here are the results:




I thought a split-front card would be a great way to showcase both the image and the sentiment inside.  It was a good choice.  This sort of card is easy to make and you can adjust the upper and lower panels to any size you need to accommodate your focal image and sentiment.  I have a template for this layout on the Freebies page if you'd like it.

I used several other EO products on my card:



I colored this mad scientist with Copic markers and then added the glasses.  His eyes were calling out for a pair of black pearls which I dotted with white gel pen to give them a highlight.  I pieced his bow tie with Green Glitter Washi and I "filled" the vial with Red Glitter Washi, but I colored it with a Copic marker for a custom color.  Of course his formula has to be bubbling, so I colored the Swirl Jewel Bling in various sizes.  Here's a closer look at all that:




I used another image from the stamp set for the area below him and the bling worked perfectly for that as well.  But I wasn't done with the bling quite yet.  I added it to the greeting, which was calling out for embellishment.




This is such a fun card!  I really enjoyed making it.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment