Sunday, September 17, 2017

Scaring Up Some More Halloween Inspiration

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with a few more Halloween cards to share.  My first card provides the "perfect recipe" for some Halloween fun.  We have Monster Mash, Pickled Eyes, and Spider Legs on the menu today!




I used the Monster, Small Eye, and Spider brads as well as Medium Jewel Bling Strips and Jewel Bling Strips and Glitter Black Washi.

To make the card, I used a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store.  I used card stock from Stampin' Up and a digital patterned paper was used to fill that panel behind the potions.  Speaking of the background, I placed the Jewel Bling randomly on the stars.  The Glitter Washi was used on the bottle corks and as the shelf on which the potions sit.

And here's the sentiment I created for inside the card:


Next up, we have a nighttime walk; which can be pretty scary, especially around Halloween.  This card was simple to put together; so if you like Halloween cards, but don't feel like you have the time to make them, this would be a good option.



I used the Spooky Eye brads for this card as well as the Small Eye brads...'cause you just have to have a cyclops or two on Halloween.  You'd need two packs to duplicate this look.  In fact, I want to go back and add another set of eyes in that open spot I didn't notice until I looked at the picture.  If you'd like the template for this nighttime walking pair, you'll find it on the Freebies page or just link from the toolbar above. 

Here's what I did inside the card; another set of eyes and a little poem.


Well, that's it for today!  





Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. The second one was inspired by my own Katy. We go out for that last walk in the dark and she stops suddenly like she sees something I can't. It freaks me out! When that happens, she goes in the quickest pee pee walk ever!

      Delete