Saturday, September 16, 2017

From the Herd

It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!  I always look forward to spending my Saturdays with you.

Old McDonald may have had a farm, but he can't hold a candle to what Eyelet Outlet's got!  That's right; their new fall collection includes  Cow & Goat, Sheep & Pig, and Rooster Brads!  A veritable herd!  They're in the store now, so be one of the first to get them!

And here's the card I made:


I used all the new barnyard animal brads plus I added the chicken, a pastel balloon, and the sun and clouds brads.  Here's a close-up so you can get a better look at them.  Check out that detail!


I call this a stand-up card, though I'm sure not that's the official name for this technique.  There's no card to open; the sentiment is on the reverse and the little fence holds the card upright.

To create the barn, I used a cut file from the Silhouette store.  I changed the size of the barn doors and created a center opening.

Three hay bales provide the backdrop for the sheep and cow and, true to form, the goat climbed to the top.  The little pig brought a balloon to the birthday celebration.  It's attached with a single strand of black embroidery floss.  And the rooster is overseeing everything!




The fence was created just by welding a few rectangles together and adding a tab on the end so I could attach it to the back of the barn.  It works well as support for the card and an excellent spot for the chicken to strut her stuff!

To pair with the greeting on the front, this is the sentiment I created on the back:




There are so many ways to use these barnyard animals!  My head is spinning with ideas; so stay tuned for more cards featuring them. 

Thank you for spending time with me today!  Hope to see you soon.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment