Saturday, September 9, 2017

Halloween Inspiration

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.  I sure do love spending time with you!

I know everyone is thinking "back to school" at this time of year, but I want to share some Halloween inspiration so you can place your order with Eyelet Outlet in plenty of time to make your Halloween cards and crafts.  I love making Halloween crafts...it's right up there with Christmas for me!

So here we go:

Rocker cards are so simple to make, but they command attention as they're unexpected...and fun!   Just tap on the side and back and forth it goes; just watch those witch's feet dance!



The centerpiece of this card is the Witch's Shoes, new to the store with the Fall Release.  They are surrounded by Mini Candy Corn and Bling Strips, both large (5mm) and small (3mm).  There's also a medium, 4mm, size; which rounds out the collection.  I used black embroidery floss to "hang" the shoes.

I filled the semi-circle and circle mats with digital patterned paper from the Halloween Hooligans kit by NitWit Collections.  I found the web on the Internet; free clip art; I simply centered it on a circle of white prior to cutting.  As always, I sponged the edges of the pieces for added dimension.  The base and mat for the title were cut from the long retired Orchid Opulence by SU.   I created the title using the Atlas of the Magi font.

And here's the sentiment inside using the same font.

If you'd like to make a Rocker card, but not sure how or need a refresher, no worries!  It's in the Freebies section!  Just click on the Freebies tab above and you find it there. 

 Next up, Spiders!! 

I'm certainly not fond of spiders as a rule, but I sure do love Eyelet Outlet's version which you can find here.  There are also Mini Spider brads in the store, though I didn't use them here.  I could see them used in conjunction with the large spider...makes me think of Charlotte's Web when she had her babies!




This trio of spiders is suspended in the opening.  I attached them to clear thread so they appear as if they're actually moving...hence the EEK!  To allow them to move I attached the panel with mounting tape, creating a 1/16" space between them and the card base.



I designed this card with just a simple shapes, but I think they combine nicely.  I used Basic Black card stock and digital patterned paper from the Haunted Halloween kit from Peppermint Creative.  For the panel behind the spiders and the title, I color matched them to the patterned paper.  I coated each of the polka dots and the title with Glossy Accents with a little accent of Halloween Bakers Twine to finish off the card

And inside, some words to live by!



My last card for today features the Black Pearl Bling Strip and the Glitter Black Washi Tape.  I have used this black washi tape a LOT in my crafting and it never seems to run out!  These washi tapes are such a good value!



I made this card using a cut file from the Silhouette store; filling it with digital patterned paper from the same Halloween Hooligans kit I used for the first card.  The border of black pearl bling applied beautifully and sticks really well despite all the curves.

I placed the glitter black washi tape around the perimeter of the card base before attaching the panel.  More washi atop the panel, large enough to extend beyond the opening.  I attached the top panel with mounting tape.

I repeated the design inside, without the layers.




I hope you liked my spooky trio and much as I enjoyed creating them for you. 


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment