Saturday, July 22, 2017

Or Sooner!

Hello folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and today I'm sharing a project using the Heart Jewel Bling.




I made the card using a cut file I found in the Silhouette store.  I thought this design was so cute, but never got around to making it.  When I saw the hearts I knew they would take this card to the next level.  So off I went to make it!

The digital patterned paper comes from the Ouchies kit by NitWit Collections.  I changed some of the colors in it to coordinate with the hearts and band aids.  After attaching it to the white card base, it seemed a bit plain so I hand drew the border.  Here's a closer look at the band aids, sponged on the edges for depth and dimension.  Aren't those hearts pretty? Check out all the facets in them!



For inside the card, I cut a panel and used the color fill option to match the blue to the patterned paper on the front.  For the sentiment, I matched the font to the patterned paper.  Simple, but to the point!



More hand drawn border on the inside and the card was finished.


Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments: